Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garden Deliciousness


Tonight, I made my first meal using ingredients from my garden.  Because my fruits and veggies are still in the newborn stage, I decided to use some of my herbs to create one of my favorite dishes.

Using this recipe, I created homemade pesto.  This was my first attempt at pesto, and I hope to get better at making it as I create it more often.  It was delicious, but it could certainly be even better.

Using this recipe, I created one of my favorite chicken pasta dishes.  However, my sister-in-law shared some left over flank steak, so I substituted it for the chicken.  It was wonderful, and the best part is I have tons of leftovers in the fridge.


Also, I used my grandmother's mixing bowls.  Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do them justice.  They are beautiful.

Linking to:

Share this post!

4 comments:

  1. Leftovers...please bring to my house right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started making my own pesto last year. We love it. Sooooo much better than the stuff you buy at the store. Can't wait to harvest my first basil and make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great- I'm so glad you linked to the Tuesday Garden Party and shared with us how you are using your herbs - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grandmother's bowl!

    ReplyDelete