Sunday, August 12, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Olympic Moments

I decided to stretch out the ending of the Olympics (since I'm in denial that the closing ceremonies is currently airing).  In David Letterman style, I put together a post of my Top 10 Favorite Olympic Moments. 

#10 - P&Gs Thank You, Mom Campaign.  I loved seeing the P&G commercials of the olympic athletes thanking their mothers.

#9 - Athletes going to see other events.  It honestly seemed like Kobe Bryant was at every sporting event.


Kobe at USA women's volleyball match.

Kobe at a men's tennis match at Wimbledon.

Kobe at a cycling event.

#8 - Ashton Eaton winning the decathlon and the title of "World's Greatest Athlete."



#7 - The US women's soccer team gold medal win over Japan...what sweet revenge.



#6 - Michael Phelps becoming the most decorated Olympian in history with 22 medals (18 of which are gold).



#5 - McKayla Maroney's amazing vault that left the judges awestruck.  Also, can I just say that she has the most adorable personality?



#4 - The all-American women's beach volleyball championship.


                                            Kerri and Misty vs April and Jen                                                                 

                                            source                                           source

#3 - Gabby Douglas...need I say more?



#2 - The gold medal win of Kerri Walsh and Misty May.  I know this is crazy, but I actually follow beach volleyball.  I think it is amazing.  I've followed the two of them for close to a decade, so I was thrilled to see them pull out another gold for Misty's retirement.



#1 - Oscar Pistorius, the first double amputee to participate in the Olympic games.  I also couldn't leave out my favorite of his quotes.




"You're not disabled by the disabilities you have, you are able by the abilities you have."

Share this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment