Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Photo of the Week

The back story to this picture...

During my first year teaching, I applied for an educator grant through the Raymond Cash Foundation.  The grant paid for one person to go on an Earthwatch Expedition.  This organization focuses on solving environmental issues.  I chose to travel to Africa and work on a research study investigating the declining population of the Grevy zebra.  I met some of the most interesting people and saw the most gorgeous earthly treasures which exist.  While on one of the expeditions, I met a little girl named Daisy.  Her mother cooked for the researchers and scientists at the camp.  Daisy was adorable, and I loved spending my early evenings entertaining her.  So, here is the picture of us one evening.


Share this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment