Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kitchen Makeover

Well, the renovations are getting closer to being finished.  The workers finished my backsplash today, and I couldn't be more pleased.  I have only one final plan for the kitchen.  I've ordered a kitchen island, and I've decided to sell my cafe table.  I'm going to put it on Craig's List soon.

Due to much demand (3 of my 7 followers), I decided to put up before and after pictures.  Also, I tried to take some up close pics of the backsplash.  I feel like it is so much warmer.

Here is the before...



And the after...



The new sink...it was free with the granite!




The backsplash...



Up close of the backsplash...




Did I tell you how much I love it?  I'll add a final picture as soon as the kitchen island arrives and is assembled.
Share this post!

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!! That is beautiful!! I LOVE the backsplash:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Mrs. Jolly's statements. I love it. SO grown up.

    By the way, I want to go ahead and say that I am pretty sure you paid plenty to get that "free" sink. =)

    Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! It is beautiful!

    Are the cabinets black? I just redecorated my mom's kitchen and we did the cabinets black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments about the kitchen. I must admit...I'm in love with it...especially the backsplash.

    MLS...I'm certain I paid plenty for the "free" sink, but I'm super impressed with the AMAZING deal I got on the granite (definite benefit to redoing a kitchen when the economy stinks).

    Christi...The cabinets are a VERY dark wood. I'm so bad with stain colors, so I couldn't tell you. I really don't love the color, but I don't want to do anything to them because of resale value.

    ReplyDelete