Several weeks ago I was reading a few Facebook posts, and I came across a craft I thought would be fun to make. My childhood neighbor created a topiary as a gift for a friend at work. Of course, I emailed and asked for the directions. Thankfully, she obliged. Here is a picture of her creation.Share this post!
Anyway, I thought I'd pass along her tutorial (adding a few comments of my own). These are the directions I used. You can alter them to fit your design. Here are the details.
-Styrofoam ball (4-5 inches)
-Wooden dowel that fits in the bottom of the Styrofoam ball
-5-6 spools of ribbon
-Styrofoam for the bottom of the pot
-Twine or jute
1. Cut ribbon into 1.5 inch strips
2. Fold ribbon in half and pin onto Styrofoam ball
3. Continue until no Styrofoam is showing
4. Hot glue or pin a large button to the top of the Styrofoam ball
5. Wrap twine around the dowel (hot glue at the top and bottom)
6. Push the dowel into the bottom of the Styrofoam ball
7. Push the other end of the dowel into the pot Styrofoam
8. Place the pot Styrofoam into the flower pot
9. Place moss over the Styrofoam and around the dowel
10. Cover the pot with the scrap material (or paint depending on your preference)
11. Pull corners of fabric up towards top of flower pot
12. Place a rubber band over the pot and pull up towards the top of the pot
13. Cover the rubber band with a piece of ribbon tied into a bow
Here is a picture of mine...