Sunday, April 4, 2010

Semi-Homemade Strawberry Surprise Shortcake

I know there have been quite a few posts over the past week or two about different recipes considering the Easter holiday.  Well, being "the baby" of the family, I have little responsibility when it comes to Easter dinner.  In fact, I didn't bring a thing this year.  However, when I do bring something I always aim for my Semi-Homemade Strawberry Surprise Shortcake.  This recipe actually came from a friend, but I have completely taken it as mine.  Here are the quick and easy steps...


Quick and easy ingredients: (1) strawberries, (2) Cool Whip, and (3) Pre-made Angel Food Cake.



Step 1: Slice the cake in half.


Step 2: Dig out a "moat" in the bottom half of the cake.


Step 3: Throw the leftover pieces of the cake into a bowl.


Step 4: Add half of the quartered strawberries and a scoop of Cool Whip to the bowl.


Step 5: Mix the three ingredients together (I use my hands).


Step 6: Fill the "moat" with the mixture.


Step 7: Put the top layer back on the cake.


Step 8: Using the Cool Whip, ice the cake.  I accidentally left my Cool Whip out too long...don't do that!


Step 9: Decorate with remaining strawberries.


Step 10: Stick the finished cake into the fridge so the Cool Whip will solidify again.  Your's shouldn't look this runny.  I got sidetracked and left the Cool Whip out, so it was a little runny.

Share this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment