Saturday, December 19, 2009

Personalized Wreath

This year I've enjoyed checking out all of the wreaths people have created and displayed on their blogs.  Every year, I (wait, let me rephrase...my mom's handyman) hang plain green wreaths with red velvet ribbons on each one of my windows.  I love the look, but I wanted something new for my front door.  I've seen numerous wreaths created from picture frames, and it sparked an idea for me.



I decided to personalize mine, as I always enjoy a great monogram.  I purchased the frame (without glass) in the clearance/as is section for only $8.  The garland (attached with florist wire) was left over from my outdoor decorations.  The monogram was $18 at Hobby Lobby, but luckily I got it on a 50% off sale week.  Lastly, Mom created a bow to adorn the top.  Overall, a $17 wreath that I think turned out pretty well.  I'll certainly be reusing the frame throughout the year to see what I can create with it next.


Share this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment