Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good news, Good news!

Most of you know I've spent the last two weeks vacationing in Hawaii.  Don't feel too envious, as the overall purpose of the trip was for two presentations I'm giving tomorrow and Sunday (which of course are in the middle of perfect sun time 1:15-2:45...what were they thinking).

Anyway, the new semester is beginning, and I had all intentions on graduating in May or August.  I'm still aiming for August, but I've really got to get on the ball to make that happen.  The next part of my program involves a meeting where I present the first 3 (of 5) chapters of my dissertation.  The one condition of this meeting is that you actually have the first 3 chapters written.  I have a meeting with my advisor about chapter 1 (which I've submitted and am awaiting edits) on Tuesday.  I worked very hard this week to finish up my draft of chapter 2, and I'm about to send that off to my advisor too.  Maybe I can get edits and comments about both on Tuesday (that might be pushing it).

I have an insane week after my early 6am return to Atlanta on Tuesday morning.  I'm headed straight to Athens to meet with my advisor and teach a 2 hour class on special education technology (luckily I prepared for that while I was here too).  Then, I'm headed back for the first of what I hope to be many job interviews!

Yeah...that is really my good news.  Not to overshadow the fact that I've submitted a draft for both chapters 1 and 2, but I have my first interview on Thursday afternoon.

This position seems (from the job description and information) to be a perfect fit for me.  The focus is in early childhood education at a small Christian college in the Metro-Atlanta area (granted anything above Macon and below Tennessee is Metro-Atlanta).  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending up MANY prayers.

If you have a second and would like to help, I ask that you will pray for the following things...
1.  That I will be focused and calm and able to express my true self throughout the interview
2.  That the interview time will provide me with information and an understanding of the inner-workings of the professors, department, and school
3.  That I can see and follow God's will as I continue this process
Share this post!

3 comments: