Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quilt Project: Week 1

Honestly, I need a new project like I need a hole in my head.  However, while reading Randi's blog at I have to say, I got sucked into a quilt project.  Read more about the project here.

Yes, a quilt!  Have I ever quilted?  Heck no!  However, Randi ensures everyone can complete it, and we will be okay.  She broke the quilt into 6 weeks of steps.  Week 1 (last week) was simply to pick 10 fabrics, purchase 1/3 yard of each, machine wash, hang dry, and iron.  I may not make it through the remainder of the project, but at least I made it through week 1.

I'll try to keep you updated as I go along.  Here is a picture of my 10 fabrics.  Aren't they gorgeous?


Also, I'd love for some of you to join me in this little shindig.  I've never done this before either, and Randi promises she'll hold hands along the way...good thing!
Share this post!

2 comments:

  1. sorry...but not joining you on this endeavor, but i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironing for week 1? I would never have made it through the first week...

    ReplyDelete